2017
Maybe because it's the post-season of gift giving, but I found there were a lot of products this month that I really enjoyed ! Honestly far more products than I anticipated . Because of this, I actually had a really difficult time picking which ones I absolutely enjoyed using, so the products I mention in this post is really the gold standard ! haha . Anyway let's get down to it, shall we ?

KEANA NADESHIKO Rice Mask (x)

I bought this late last December, so when I was making my December favourites I was still deciding whether I really liked this product or not . Figured I did when I decided to buy it again lol . At around 550 yen (approximately $5 USD) at the local Japanese drugstore, you get 10 masks . The product markets itself as a pore tightening mask but because it is made out of rice extract, so not only will it tighten the pores but it will also help in healing acne scars and brightening your complexion .

This product markets itself as a product to tighten pores, but I find it much more helpful in the whitening and brightening department . Plus the liquid of it is almost the same sort of texture as water, so the essence doesn't feel heavy on the skin but rather light and easily . If you can't tell yet, for its value and what it does, I absolutely enjoy using this product .

MIZON Great Pure Cleansing Balm (x)

Great name for a great product, haha . Basically a dupe of the Banila co. Clean It Zero balm cleanser, it's an oil cleanser with a 'balm' like texture . I've actually come to like this product more than the Clean It Zero due to the fact that it's softer, and this makes it more easier to extract the product when cleansing your face . I also feel as though it takes off more makeup than the Clean It Zero, and it 0% stings the eyes when you use it . 

Because I like this product so much I'm actually thinking of getting MIZON's lip and eye makeup remover as well . MIZON's products aren't always perfect, but they're always effective, which makes them a brand I always look out for .

MAYBELINE Fit Me Foundation Matte + Poreless (x)

It was almost like fate that I was going to buy this product and enjoy it, especially since I was first introduced to it by reading an article about the best drugstore foundations, followed by the recommendations of my mates . I'll be honest and say that it oxidises fairly easily and the coverage won't last long by itself, but that is easily manageable with a decent primer . It's also a major pain to take it out from it's glass packaging . Apart from that, the finish is so natural that you won't even need a brush or sponge to apply it . In addition, you can use it as a spot concealer very easily and it won't look cakey at all . I even use it as a concealer when I use my BB Cushion and it blends in very well with it and doesn't look like a different product from the BB Cushion . Honestly speaking, the pros of it much outweigh its cons (plus on ebay you can get it for $10) . This product is absolutely magical and is my current go to for foundations in my videos well !

RITUALS The Ritual of Light line (Limited Edition)

I got this as a gift from my friend and received The Ritual of Light candle, Private Collection incense, body wash, and tea . I love these products soooo much because first off, they look absolutely gorgeous, from the packaging right down to the products itself . On the individual products, the candle and body wash essentially smell the same; luxurious but soft . It's something I feel as though the Egyptian Goddesses' or Cleopatra would smell of . The body wash is an excellent exfoliant that also has something within it to moisturise your skin at the same time . The tea of this is also a relaxing, pleasant blend . I can tell it's high quality tea by the fact that the tea bag never overpowers the drink, and it can be used more than once over and still taste the way it did before. 

The RITUALS brand in general combines luxury with natural ingredients, and really serves to make the best products . If I lived in Europe it would probably be a really bad combination since this brand would probably buy me out dry LOL . OTL

LANCÔME Virtuôse Doll Eyes Gris Rivoli 06 (x)

Something that I had gotten from my recent Cosme haul, it's kind of funny that the things that I'm about to mention are also things I've gotten because they're known as the holy grails of the cosme rankings (they literally are so good they get separate recognition) . So when I was absolutely blown away from this product, I essentially felt like 

It's a fantastic product for the 'your eyelashes but ten times better' look . I love this product and I'll grieve the day I run out of it ...until I buy another one which would be straight after it runs out, of course .

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (x)

Another product, another cosme holy grail haha . Not only is this much loved by the Japanese, it's also very adored by the beauty world as well . After using this product though I can definitely see why . Among the many benefits it gives such as making your skin smoother, helping to clean the skin after cleanse, and preventing breakouts and acne, there was one thing that made me realise why it's so expensive but loved . This essence in particular does a ridiculously excellent job in general maintenance and really speeding up the rejuvenation process of your skin . Things like dry patches and acne marks fade much faster, I really do feel as though it keeps the balance of the skin at it's most optimal form .

What's your favourite post gift-giving season product ?

That's it for me, for the surprisingly eventful January in terms of receiving products and enjoying them haha . To be honest I could go on and on about each product, but that would probably turn this post more into a review (and that's what different review posts are for !)

Are there any of these products you'd like to see a separate review of ? Let me know your thoughts .

Opening this felt like opening a treasure box, it really did .




Signing out,


-THE TEACOAST .

2 comments:

  1. SK-II works really well for me, too. Did you buy the Mizon cleansing balm in Japan, or did you have to order it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meaghan Rae I bought it on Japanese amazon, but it's also pretty easy to get from places like ebay.com . :)

    ReplyDelete