2017
Like I said in this post, I had a sort of surprise haul in Akihabara and Shinjuku and these were one of the items LOL . I've seen this around before when I was doing more research on other PURE SMILE masks, so I was utterly delighted when I was able to find these ! :DD

General Overview

The PURE SMILE brand is a Japanese exclusive...but the products are made in Korea . It's a bit odd, I know . Kind of makes me wonder whether this brand is available in Korea as well . Anyway, these masks use Collagen, Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E; which is a common ingredient in all of PURE SMILE's masks . However unlike it's other series these masks are twice as hydrating-something I didn't know when I was buying it LOL . OTL

Each art mask has a different scent . From memory the one on the left has a green tea fragrance . Unfortunately, I couldn't read the other one's fragrance . ^^" Either way they both have a scent that I absolutely love and regardless, to me they both had quite a floral scent . Unlike the SNP masks I don't know whether the colouring was FDA approved or not, but it did not irritate my skin one bit when I put either of these masks on . You wear these masks for 15-20 minutes and then you pat dry the excess essence into your skin once you take the mask off .

They're 300 yen (approx. $3) and not always available at your local supermarket, but they're available at bigger chains like Tokyu Hands . I got these masks from Hands Be but when I looked around they weren't available at my local department store or at Loft . They were, however, available at my local supermarket for a limited time . These masks aren't as easily available online as the SNP masks were . But unlike the SNP range PURE SMILE's art masks has quite a variety of different art masks . The PURE SMILE art masks range from Japanese images (like geishas and Funabashi), to animals, to even masquerade masks ! 

Claims & Results

  • Moisturises skin: yup . by a ton fold .
    I used these masks in the summer so I had a bit of a breakout after using these masks . And because it moisturises the skin quite a bit it also did the next point quite thoroughly .
  • Makes skin glossy: UH HUH
    Like I said before, because it really moisturises by the end of it my skin was a bit glossy . But usually after the use of essence masks, I think the skin in general is glossy anyway ?

Like I said it made me break out a bit, but I mean like I had that pre-bump stage on my cheeks before it becomes a pimple . But the thing is, that usually never EVER happens to me even before my period so it was quite odd . With that being said though these masks have twice the moisture effect than it's normal counterparts, and since I used this in the summer...it's not really a smart move on my half lol . Also it didn't have that nice looking finish my skin has (it's like as though my skin looks brighter) when I took off the masks . However when I wore the masks it didn't irritate my skin and the scent of these masks were sooooo nice . Like, I absolutely loved it . *_* 

Ending comments + Would I purchase this again ?

In general, I think art masks should be worn in novelty, so it's not suitable to use on a weekly sort of basis . I think these masks does less than its drugstore counterparts which also have specialty ingredients that helps the skin in a variety of ways . I think it also does less than the SNP animal masks which at least have distinctive beneficial features . But I like the art of these masks ten times more than the SNP ones . XD""

If the chance ever comes to me, I'd probably buy these again considering that they're cheaper than the SNP masks . But because of the moisturising feature I'd only buy it in the winter months . If my skin needed a major moisture boost I'd probably buy it then . So yes, I suppose I'd buy it again, but I'd probably only use one once a week and then use my normal masks when I use face masks for the second time in a week (since I only use  face masks twice a week) . The variety of the images on these masks also makes them suuuper tempting to buy again lol . *_*

Have you ever tried these masks ? I'd love to hear your opinion on them ! ^^


Signing out,

-THE TEACOAST . 


2 comments:

  1. yeah definitely . the face masks are sooo cool though t. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information your blog brings. I see the novelty of your writing, I will share it for everyone to read together. I look forward to reading many blogs from you. Add our Anti Acne Korean Face Mask to your cart. It provides intense moisture and nourishment to dry skin resulting in instantly refreshed skin.

    ReplyDelete