2017
Here's a Tony Moly review ! I think my first one too . Anyways I decided to buy this product since the usual product I like to use to clean my skin (the amaaaazeballs BANILA CO's Clean It Zero), isn't really great to use with already wet skin . I mean it's not like you can't use it on wet skin it's just that I don't like using it like that . So I wanted to have a cleanser that I can use in the shower and from what I saw this product was the best seller at the time so I thought, hey why not ?


Free Shipping for Trendy Dresses @zaful: Meet A New Self

General Overview

The scent of the lemon one is quite refreshing, it smells like a sweet lemonade rather than actual lemon haha . These cleansers are pretty cheap considering that this gives you 180mL . Yes, you read that right, 180mL . That is literally the most I've ever seen from any product that I've bought and like, 100mL is already super impressive to me . This will probably last year a year even if you used it both day and night . Also it's pretty impressive that for NEARLY 200mL you can find it on eBay for $8 USD . It's in a plastic bottle so it's pretty travel friendly and you won't have to worry about breaking it .

Even though I bought the lemon foam cleanser, I thought it'd be a good idea to give the properties of all of the products in this line .
  • Acerola: aroma of acerola (skin stress relief)
  • Lemon: vitamin C
  • Red Grapefruit: rich in vitamin C (skin stress relief)
  • Aloe Vera: 96% water containing aloe (moisturising for dry skin)
  • Blueberry: Various minerals and vitamins (skin stress relief)
On application, of course you need water so it's perfect for using it in the shower . The texture of it LOOKS a little rough, kind of like NATURE REPUBLIC's Super Aqua Max combination cream . However once you put it on it's not rough at all and foams quickly and easily . However it doesn't take off stuff like mascara very well so you'll have to use a stronger cleanser afterwards . Oh btw good luck if it gets into your eyes because it STINGS LIKE A MOTHERFRIKKER . I mean yeah if you get stuff in your eyes it hurts, but man with this cleanser it hurts like HELL, just don't even try LOL . @_@ . 

So originally I got this cleanser because I've always had problems with brightening my skin and lemon has always been a trusted ingredient for me . But when I started using this my skin started to noticeably more dryer than it usually does . You may be thinking "then why didn't you go with the aloe one?" and that's simply because I did not have the problem before I was using this product . So if your skin has the ability to get dry (and my one does since it's sensitive + combination/dry skin) it will wreak havoc on your skin, unfortunately . 

Claim & Results

  • Skin stress relief: not even a little .
    To be honest I feel as though this added MORE stress to my skin, if anything . I don't mind the fact that it gives a squeaky finish but it somehow feels like it stresses my skin a bit . Especially due to the fact that you kinda rub in the stuff more since it's on the weaker side of being a cleanser .
  • Clear & brightened skin: nope .

Final thoughts + Would I repurchase it again ?

When I used this it gave SUPER dry patches on my nose, forehead and eyelids . Those parts are usually dry areas but it just became more pronounced, like to the point where my skin became flakey WHILE my bb or cc cream is on (and my skin NEVER did that prior) . I know that it was this product that was the problem because when I stopped using this product went back to using the usual Clean It Zero those problems with my skin went away days later . Not only this but it was painfully dry near the end of SUMMER, this wasn't even during the colder months. So no, I wouldn't repurchase this again . Not even the other ones in this line . When I checked the site again it was no longer the best seller so maybe I was unlucky and caught this product while it was still new and hyped or something .

Usually I say "maybe try this product if..." but considering that this product isn't even a bestseller anymore, I say there are better things to try out there even if it IS a cheap product . Because, even if you don't have dry skin it doesn't really do a proper job in cleaning off stuff like makeup so it'll just add extra steps to your skin care routine and there are easier ways to go around that and better foam cleanser products to help you with that problem . So yeah, sorry this reviews terribly harsh but there are better things on the Korean market .


But with that being said, what's your go-to shower cleanser ? I'd love to hear your recommendations !




Signing out,


-THE TEACOAST .

Beauty Korean

1 comment:

  1. oooh, hmmm .. perhaps ? but i think it's a weaker cleanser compared to other cleansers that you can find out there (it doesn't take off much of my eye makeup compared to the clean it zero and even shiseido perfect whip) so if you do please purchase with caution ! LOL . ><

    ReplyDelete