2017
GUYS I'M SOOO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING FOR A WHILE @_@ . Things got super busy since I was planning to go home for the Christmas and New Years season, and so many unexpected events happened . I was actually planning to do another OOTD but then I got into a little accident and the list of stuff to do just got bigger from there . :'D Also there were so many posts that I wanted to write that I just couldn't figure out which one I wanted to go through with first .

However considering the fact that it's the end of the year I and I haven't posted in a pretty long while, I decided to make this one a special post ! This year I noticed some pretty amazing limited edition product releases from the major Korean and Japanese cosmetic companies . So sort of as a marker of what was awesome about 2015, I thought why not make a post about the 5 most gorgeous product releases of the year ? There's something I really like about collaborations of designers with cosmetic brands . It feels as though the cosmetic is not only successful but makes a great effort in making its product more appealing . And who doesn't love a bit of thought out design in the products they've bought, right ? Anyway I wanted to highlight these products lines since it's not only a wish list but collaborations which made me squeal with glee when I found out about them ! So first off I'd like to start off with...

Snoopy x SKINFOOD


To celebrate the 65th anniversary of Peanuts, it seems like one of the ways they decided to celebrate was to have a collaboration with Skinfood . Even though Peanuts was invented by an American, places like Japan and South Korea have a surprisingly large amount of Peanuts merchandising, so it comes as a pleasant surprise . This line is interesting as it focuses on Royal Honey as the main ingredient of this line . An ingredient which is really excellent for soothing the skin, as well as helping with problems such as dryness and acne . In addition the mini hand creams use marshmallow as its main ingredient...perhaps in terms of the smell ? haha . Regardless this line still has the skinfood all time favourite black sugar scrub mask (+royal honey) in it's line as well as:
  • Honey & Shea Butter whipped body cream
  • Royal Honey essential mist
  • Royal Honey good moisturising cream (200g)
  • Royal Honey cover bounce cushion (SPF50+ PA+++)
  • Marshmallow & Shea butter hand cream (50mL)
  • Marshmallow & Honey hand cream (50mL)
  • Marshmallow hand cream (50mL)
  • Propolis Nourishing Lip Oil
  • Nail paint (light grey, warm yellow, hot pink; as well as two different types of glitter paint)
  • Nail stickers
The properties of this product line is targeted for the more colder seasons, as well as repping skinfood's most popular product . This line can be bought at iBuybeauti as well as eBay since this product line is pretty popular and has been around for a while now . I'd personally like to try the Propolis Nourishing Lip Oil and any of the smaller hand creams since they look really easy to carry in my bag . Plus they'd look so cute ! ^^

Doraemon x A'PIEU




Surprisingly A'Pieu has done a LOT of collaborations with Doraemon . There's the First edition, the Holiday Special Edition, and the Second edition . From what I've seen the First and Holiday Special edition have the Air Fit Cushion in common but each edition has slightly different products . I think out of all the product releases, A'Pieu's Doraemon product line provides the most variety in products ! Anyway an overview of theses product lines are:
  • A'Pieu first edition:
    • Air Fit Cushion White
    • Full Colour Eyes
    • Air Fit Cushion Blusher
    • Jelly Marmalade
  • A'Pieu Holiday Special Edition:
    • Shea Butter Hand Cream
    • Pastel Blusher
    • Lasting Lip Tint
    • Full Colour Eyes (HOLIDAY edition)
    • Air Fit Cushion
  • A'Pieu second edition:
    • Air Nude Foundation
    • Brow Shaping Kit
    • Small Face Shading Kit (I suppose this is a contouring kit ? haha)
    • Perfume (mild cotton, fruity blossom & garden grass)
The difference between the Full Colour Eyes of the First and Holiday edition is that the Holiday edition's Full Colour Eyes set is like the the First edition colours but in a slightly darker colour . The majority of these products can also be found on iBuyBeauti and eBay as they've been out for a while now . I would LOOVE to try either Jelly Marmalade or their Lasting Lip Tint because the colours they've chosen look aaabsolutely gorgeous . I'm also a tad bit curious of what the perfumes smell like as well . I mean, what does mild cotton smell like ? Is that supposed to smell nice ? lol .

Wonder Woman x MISSHA


What I think is a rather fitting image, Missha's collaboration with Wonder Woman definitely has the definition of 'strong'. I also find this product line really interesting because compared to the other lines, Wonder Woman's face is rarely used in any of the designs if not at all . I don't know how to explain it, but I think that's like, really cool ? I think it's really risk taking in terms of design but really innovative as well . I feel like this product line and its design really help to focus on how good the actual cosmetic is, rather than just enticing the buyer to buy it for its packaging . It's definitely fantastic for making a statement . Anyway this line, just like skinfood, also uses their front runner Perfect Cover BB Cream in this product line . As well as this the line also includes:
  • Eye Colour Studio (2 different sets)
  • Magic Cushion
  • Magic Cushion Moisture
  • M Glossly Lip Rouge
  • M Matte Lip Rouge
  • M Style 3D mascara
  • M Style 4D mascara
  • M Style Lucid Nail Polish (in 18 different colours and varieties . You heard me . 18 !!!)
As I said before, I think out of all the product lines, this one definitely has the strongest suite . Well, for me anyway . The colours they picked definitely suit with the Wonder Woman and Golden Age Comic theme which makes me absolutely fan girl as a comic observer . In this product line I would looooove to get the Perfect Cover BB Cream and the Eye Colour Studio No.2 . Because even though I usually never wear eye shadows, those colours are SO DAMN GORGEOUS that it might actually make me wanna start using it LOL . However from what I've observed this line is slightly more expensive than the normal Missha stuff and more harder to obtain online . Not to say that it's impossible to find on the internet though ! I've seen these products separately drifting around on various websites and eBay as well .

Alice in Wonderland x BEYOND


Even though I haven't heard much about this brand, this product line has got to have my most faaaavourite product design in all the 2015 releases . Perhaps it's personal preference but there is something I absolutely adore about anything that is Alice in Wonderland themed . ANYTHING . IT JUST LOOKS SO PRETTY ALL THE TIME I DON'T KNOW . OTL . What I find amusing about this product line is that everything in the line is small and extremely suitable for travel . It is very obvious that they want you to put this in your bag and show your gorgeous product off, and damn I'll take that bait for sure LOL . The product line for this one is:
  • Alice in Glow Cushion Set
  • Alice in Glow Cream Shadow
  • Alice in Glow Lip & Cheek
  • Alice in Glow Oil Tint
  • Alice in Glow Gradation Kit + Stickers (which is basically the nail paint in the product line)
  • Alice in Glow Hand Cream (4 different kinds)
Though it seems as though the product line is few and far between, each product actually has quite a lot of colours to choose from, apart from the cushion set and nail paint . Honestly I adore the colours used in the Cream Shadow line . There is this one aaaaabsolutely gorgeous dark blue green in there . An absolutely amazing palette . Also the colours available for the Oil Tint have those lavish dark purples of the Cheshire Cat and the sweet soft reds which suit Alice, so I really like the colours they used for the product line . I think out of all of them I'd love to try the oil tint and hand cream . If I wanted to cosplay Alice in Wonderland I'd definitely want to buy from this product line . Unfortunately though this product line is quite difficult to get online (perhaps it's because Beyond is not a very popular Korean cosmetic product compared to the other names out there) . However I have seen some of these products on eBay and the site cosmetic-love .

Cinderella x DHC


DHC is an extremely popular Japanese brand known for its cleansing oil and skin care products . Quite a twist that I added in a Japanese product right ? I actually deliberated this pick quite a lot considering the fact that out of all of the other product releases, in comparison this product line is SERIOUSLY sparse . But I absolutely adore the packaging, and if there were more in this collection I'd probably choose this series to have the best product packaging ! Perhaps it's because the audience is targeted specifically for the Japanese population that this product line is very small, but I wanted to share it regardless because this post is about the most gorgeous product releases in 2015 lol . It's not actually shown here but DHC also has a Cinderella and Disney princess version of their flagship cleansing oil . Apart from that though this product release includes:
  • Perfect Eye Shadow Palette
  • Limited Edition Volume Mascara
  • Lip & Cheek stain
Online, the cleansing oil is pretty easy to find, but the makeup product line is a bit more difficult . I've seen some of them available on eBay though and I've seen that you can request for it on a site called airfrov . If you want to try find it in Japan though I've seen it whenever I've been in the cosmetic section of their department stores and whenever I see the DHC shop . You can find the cleansing oil in normal stores as well though . This product is very limited since this is a Christmas release . If you buy all of the makeup product line in stores, you can also get a matching makeup pouch, very cute haha .

Will product releases become the new trend ?

I've never heard of special collaborations prior to when I heard about these products so it was awesome to hear about these gorgeous releases in 2015, and really look forward to seeing more of them next year ! In terms of actual product, I think I really want to try Missha's product line . I really love those palettes and I'd love to try them out . In terms of packaging though, gosh I think I'd have to go with Beyond's Alice in Wonderland set . They have a lot of products to choose from and their colours are also pretty interesting to try . 

What are the product lines you want to try ? Did you have any other product releases this year that you really liked ? I'd love to hear about them ! :D





Signing out,

-THE TEACOAST .

Beauty Korean

2 comments:

  1. I have some of the Snoopy collection items too and I feel the same way about getting the cushion puff dirty lol! everything about it is just way too cute. Alice x Beyond collab still has so many things I want to try out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh *gasp* that's awesome ! do you have the hand cream ? i'm wondering if it smells like marshmallow :O ahaha . and yeeees gosh there's so much in the alice x beyond collab that i wanna try too ! ><

      Delete