2017
Oh man, the days are starting to get real cold around here haha . @_@ With that being said after all the hauls I've had recently (as I was caught up buying presents for other people I ended up getting heaps of stuff for me as well . XD") I've actually been meaning to review this product for a while now . I was first interested in buying it since I'm a sucker for all natural skincare and I've used cucumber in DIY masks since I know it's really wonderful for calming the skin . So to start off this cool December, let's introduce this nice calming product . ^^

General Overview

The main ingredients of this product is 5% lettuce extract, 5% cucumber extract, and 20% cucumber water .  As I said before cucumber is a wonderful ingredient for the calming of the skin, while apparently lettuce works well for removing toxins and protecting the skin . I think these are pretty smart ingredients to use as a toner since usually the job of a toner is to calm the skin after cleansing, as well as remove any excess dirt that your cleansing steps may have missed . This product contains 180mL and believe me when I say that this product will definitely last you for probably a year if you use it at least twice a day . On average it's around $15 on eBay which means its wonderfully on the cheaper end of the paying spectrum (gotta love Korean skin care drug store brands <3).

It's scent is so refreshing and so is the application ! I really feel as though my skin is nice and refreshed after I apply it on my skin . I'm finding it difficult to explain the scent but it's most certainly not a cosmetic scent, and smells quite nice and fresh . It's also a very subtle scent as well . In terms of its texture it has just a little bit more of a thicker consistency than normal water . When it goes into the skin it basically seeps in immediately without leaving a sticky residue . I know I've said it a lot but using this product is absolutely refreshing .

Claim & Results

  • Moisturising & refreshing: most definitely refreshing
    On the point of moisturising, I'm not exactly for or against it, but for my skin I don't think 'moisturising' . On the point of refreshing though yup, yup, yup !
  • Hydrates without stickiness: yeah ?
    When I applied it on one of the things I definitely noticed was that it wasn't sticky, on your hands or on your face . I've never used a toner that left a super sticky feeling on my face but the IT'S SKIN collagen toner did leave a bit of stickiness on my hands after using it, so I always enjoyed the application of this toner .

Final thoughts +Would I repurchase it again ?

See here's the thing, as I said before I have combination dry skin and there's an odd phenomenon where, depending on the product, I'll have dry eyelids . Now I used this product for around 6 months, and after changing to more hydrating creams...I still had dry eyelids . I guess I was suffering from a sort of denial but after the discontinuation of using this product I noticed that I didn't have those problems with my eyelids anymore . So if you unfortunately have that weird problem like I do, then you most definitely wouldn't want to use this product if your eyelids become dry using certain products .

But the thing is, after around 3-4 months I started to factor in that my dry eyelids were because of this product...but I kept using it anyway . And why ? Because I simply enjoyed using this product . I enjoyed the fact that it was very refreshing on my skin and it made me feel sooooo refreshed . So despite its drawbacks, I generally enjoyed using this product . However I think this products aim is to be 'moisturising' as well as refreshing, and even though I agree with the refreshing part, I don't think I can agree with the moisturising part, as much as it pains me to say that . ;3;

So would I repurchase it again ? Well, because of my dry eyelids I can't really . However I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone who doesn't suffer from that weird dry eyelid spell . If you'd like some refreshingness added to your routine, this will definitely be the product for you haha .


Do you have any toners that you enjoy using ? I'd love to hear about it~



Signing out,

-THE TEACOAST .


Beauty Korean

4 comments:

  1. It barely started getting cold here, and I heard it's gonna get hotter by the end of the week :< The weather can't seem to make up its mind!

    I've experienced dry eyelids before, and it's not a fun thing to encounter, so I totally understand why that would be a deal breaker. This toner does sound very refreshing though, even with the name. Since I have oily skin, I love using any toners with witch hazel in it. It calms down any active acne and makes my face feel super clean.

    stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woah witch hazel ! i've never heard of that ingredient before but now i'm quite curious to try it haha o,o

      Delete
  2. the general function of a toner is to balance the skin's pH level so it SHOULD, buuuut whenever I've read the products description it's never been stated . ^^"

    however with the calming properties this toner has, i think that it would ? sorry I couldn't give an exact answer . >< and no ! I'm able to understand your English perfectly fine . ^^

    ReplyDelete