2017
Ban Xeo Saigon is an awesome Vietnamese restaurant based in Shinjuku, Tokyo . From what it seems there is a popular restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City and this seems to be its Japanese counterpart of it . Even though the restaurant is popular for this sort of savoury crepe we didn't eat it at all lol . XD" However I'm writing about this restaurant because this is a really freaking good restaurant . Like seriously . *.* To be honest for me it's been pretty difficult to find more international foods, which was a bit of a shame for me because I grew up in a super multi-cultural city (known as Sydney haha) and I really missed the variety of food that was available there . I mean Japanese food isn't bad and a lot of food in Sydney was Japanese, but like it's Japanese food . all . the . time . Even the lasagne tastes Japanese, and I can't help but crave something else . ^^"


Ban Xeo Saigon is at the South exit of Shinjuku station and is a short walk from there . The interior is sooo gorgeous and I regret not taking a picture of it ! However the place is rather small . ^^" I think that's ok though because the place is in a pretty hidden place so it wasn't very busy when we went there . Anyway, another reason why I wanted to talk about this place was of course, because the food was freaking amazing . There's a lot of Vietnamese food in Sydney but it's usually some sort of rice and meat, or of course the wonderfully famous pho lol . So this menu was quite a delightfully amazing surprise . The price of the food here is more expensive than the usual price of Japanese food, but I think the servings are quite generous . And also compared to Sydney food prices it's rather cheap considering the fact that I got food, drinks and a dessert . Just be aware that all the meals here are best shared as the servings are, as I said before, are definitely generous lol .


So the food we ate here was pork belly, cuon thap cam (the assorted Vietnamese rolls you see on the right) and I got this fairy floss dessert with ice-cream at the bottom and you pour straight 'Vietnamese' coffee on the top . The drink was also really cool because it definitely has this South Easter flavour to it, and the 'table water' is this sort of Vietnamese tea that tastes both refreshing and exotic . The variety of the rolls were not only tasty but really gave you a big selection . From vegetarian rolls to deep-fried meat spring rolls (which I really missed and absolutely love !) . The dips are a bit spicy but not too overwhelming, luckily . My favourite part of this lunch though was the dessert . On upon first receiving it it seems really simple, but when you pour the coffee on it, it is surprisingly so freaking awesome . When you pour the coffee in the fairy floss the little coffee liquid looks like it roams around on the fairy floss as it deflates, and it kind of looks like little Studio Ghibli coffee bugs running around until the fairy floss melts, it is so charming .

If I go there again (and fingers crossed I will !), I'll definitely make sure to show you guys a video of the dessert, not only does it look cool but it tastes wonderful too . ^^ The pork belly was 3 massive portions and boy was I glad that I didn't eat it by myself lol . Anyway I definitely recommend this place and it really gives a variety of things to choose from which impressed me . I feel like my knowledge of Vietnamese food was widened-oh and did I say that it's freaking delicious ? lol .

What's your favourite Vietnamese food ? Don't you tell me pho and spring roll LOL .



Signing out,


-THE TEACOAST .

0 comments: