2017
Do you ever just not blog for a long time so you're actually left with a lot of products to review ? 😅  But sometimes I think that's a good thing because I really learn about a product . There have been products that I've reviewed previously that after I've done the blog review for it, I learned something new of it, so I suppose that hoarding products for review isn't a bad thing..haha . Anyways, one of these products is INNISFREE's Orchid Enriched Cream !



Now I got this product because it seemed to be pretty highly acclaimed and well recommended for anyone with dry skin . Around the time that I got this, I was having trouble with dry patches that just would not go away . I got these dry patches during the summer season and tried a variety of products that were targeted for dry skin people . Now to be honest other parts of the skin on my face had no trouble apart from these dry patches where my skin would flake, so that's the context of when I got this product and started using it .

General Overview

This product is produced from INNISFREE who's wonderfully well known for producing cosmetic products without use of parabens, whilst focusing on natural ingredients . Since I have a history of sensitive skin I think that's the reason why I've always enjoyed using a lot of INNISFREE's products . The hero ingredient of this product is orchid which contains lots of antioxidants which is excellent for reducing cell damage and anti-aging .

Luckily this product is packaged in a plastic but sturdy container which makes it excellent for travel . It contains 50mL for roughly $25 and if you use it once a day it'll last you 3+ months for sure . It's also pretty easy to find online and on major online stores such as ebay and amazon . The actual texture of the product is on the much more thick, and heavy side even as a cream . But even though I used it as a day cream it didn't make the following products I put on after like slide right off . It was heavy in a way that it felt like it was providing moisture to my skin .

It has a light purple colour which is surprising but pretty, and it's scent is a tad bit strong, but I honestly really love the scent ? It's strong but it's also...light and sweet ? It's not a fruity sort of scent but it's not strong floral like the way a rose scent smells . If you don't like scents you'd want to watch out because it definitely has one, but I'm just saying, it's super nice LOL . It should be used within 12 months of opening the product, BUT the expiry date of the product is also at the bottom of the container .

This product is part of their INNISFREE orchid line and there are actually different creams such as a much more concentrated cream (Orchid concentrated cream) and a gel cream . Interestingly enough they say that this product can be used as either a day cream or night cream, and even as an eye cream . They don't blatantly state it but I think this cream was intended for people that have problems with dry skin (or whenver I've seen this product being tried, it's always been by people that have dry skin) . I find that pretty interesting since this prodcut claims a lot of things.. ^^"

Claims & Results

  • glowing and radiant skin while strengthening
    This product is pretty dewy so I think that's what they might mean by making the skin look radiant ? In terms of strengthening, I don't really think so..
  • full nourishment , tightens skin ,  reduces wrinkles , brightens your overall skin tone
    I used this product when I had dry patches that were persistent for quite a couple of years, and even though I've discontinued the use of this product, it was with this product that those dry patches essentially disappeared . It's currently nearing summer hear and you might think that maybe it's because of summer that these dry patches are gone, but before the use of this product I actually would have these dry patches during the summer too ! I don't know what this product does but it definitely helps it out .
    I also believe that it tightens the skin because I could see that my pores were quite smaller during the use of this product . To be honest I don't have much of a problem with pores but I definitely saw a difference when I was using this product .
    On the terms of wrinkles, I have smile lines . Do I still have smile lines ? Yes I do lol . So in terms of wrinkles, sorry but I don't think this product works on that . Even though the dewiness that this cream has definitely looks moisturised, I don't think that this product overall brightens the skintone .
On an extra note, if you dig carefully enough like the innisfree website itself, it actually tells you to stop use of the product if it causes red blotches, swelling, itchiness or irritation when your skin is exposed to direct sunlight after using this product . And guess what ?

I started getting acne and red blotches after a while . NOOOOOOO . :'( I was so devastated especially since this product basically did basically permanently heal the dry patches on my face . I had to discontinue the use of this product after realising it was the problem of irritation on my skin . ;3;

Final Thoughts + Would I repurchase it again ?

If I have problems with dry patches I'd probably repurchase this product again but try to only use it at night time instead of day time . I have sensitive skin that easily feels stinging with the usual Western cleansing products so I should have been more careful of my skin with that regard . But that little disclaimer was rarely placed in any of the places I was looking to buy this product so GUYS PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF THAT, I think that's REALLY important especially for them sensitive skin dry prone skin kids out there !

This product has many strengths as it has weaknesses, I think is the best way to put it . If you have sensitive skin, use it at risk, especially in the daylight .




Stay beautiful inside & out ! 


-THE TEACOAST .


0 comments: