2017


When I first got a Poptastic Jelly Tint it was the Maple Latte and I fell in love with the formula and colour . I looked more into the rest of its line and when I found out how many colours there were (and remembered how cheap the line is) I decided to buy the rest of them ! ^^ The general colours in this collection may be very few, but I think are the type of colours that everyone would want to try and enjoy for various occasions and seasons ! ^^ But first the swatches~


Swatches

First and foremost, this is my lips bare .


*shudders . LOL .

They're kind of naturally dark coloured lips . If I use light coloured lipstick I tend to need to use some lip concealer in order for the lipstick to be effective . With that being said, lets go into the lip swatch~

HOT CORAL [ 핫코랄 ]
Swing Coral is a light orange and pink tone and actually the lightest coloured one out of the lip tints . It gives a bright, vibrant, but light finish which is really excellent for everyday wear especially if you want a youthful kind of finish . I think it's pretty good for all seasons, but it really suits with Summer and Spring . ^^ The tint is also bright and vibrant . I think it's a really pretty colour . ^^

SWING PINK [ 스윙핑크 ]
This colour is a true bright pink, and really reminds me of the lip colour they use for most Kpop MV's lol . In these pictures it looks similar to Hot Coral, but I think it's way more vibrant and obvious on the lips than Hot Coral (probably because it's very pink, an doesn't have any red undertone to it) . I think this colour is really excellent for young people, like high school and uni students, or if you want that Kpop MV look lol . XD I think this colour perfectly suits Summer and Spring every day wear or a day out with friends . Just like Hot Coral, it also has a long lasting vibrant tint. It's a really cute and vibrant colour !

SHOCKING ORANGE  [ 쇼킹오렌지 ]
This colour is a suuuper vibrant red orange and surprisingly has a different texture liquid compared to the majority of the line . I think it's the most vibrant tint in the line and is the perfect combination for wearing something fashionable and a Summer's day out . It's an excellent statement colour to make you and your outfit really stand out . As much as I love the colour of this tint...IT TASTES SOOO BAD *cries

MAPLE LATTE [ 메이플라떼 ]
Maple Latte is like a pale pink rose colour and was the first one I bought from this collaboration ! I like the fact that it's quite a nice and mature sort of colour for those people that want to have a more professional look to themselves, and I think it's also pretty suitable for everyday wear in Autumn or Winter . It's neither bright nor vibrant, so I think it's also a pretty suitable nude colour as well . It's currently summer now but I'm actually really looking forward to using this colour in the colder seasons . :P

CLUB RED [ 클럽레드 ]
The best way I can describe this colour is that its a very deep red . In photographs it comes out as a bright red, but in real life it is most definitely a dark sort of red . It's a very statement look and is really excellent for those formal occasions when you need a statement red for your statement outfit haha . I find it a really elegant yet sexy sort of colour, you know ? And the thing I love the most about this colour is that the lip stain it leaves isn't bright (previous colours I've gotten with this shade always fades into a bright red or pink and I didn't really like that) . The fact that it fades into a deep pink I think is really excellent and suits the shade well ! It has the same sort of formula as SHOCKING ORANGE but luckily it doesn't taste as bad lol ! XD

SALSA RED [ 살사레드 ]
This colour is like, a natural sort of pink red ? It definitely gives colour to your lips but I don't think people would suspect that you put any lip product on, it's that sort of colour . In one way or another, it reminds me of Maple Latte but a bit more brighter and red . Out of all of them I actually like this one the most in terms of everyday wear, and I think it can be worn in any season . It's definitely my go to if I just want my lips to have colour no matter the occasion, and I think it's the most versatile out of all the lip tints . I think the lip stain is the least effective with this tint though, but still ! It's my favourite colour out of the rest of the line and I think is the most unique colour in the line .

Now here's the comparison of colours swatch !

















As you can see Salsa Red and Maple Latte have the least staying power while Hot Coral and Swing Pink have the most long lasting staying power; I'm not really surprised especially since I know for a fact that Hot Coral and Swing Pink really does seem to last forever on my lips haha . You only see it very slightly in this picture, but Club Red does not fade into a vibrant colour which I like a lot about the tint (even if its lasting power isn't as good LOL) . I rubbed tint using water, then with one of those wet tissues . It also left these tints exactly as is for around a good 6 or 7 hours while I was doing stuff, and it was pretty amazing how it didn't stain on anything once it dried .

All Clear tint remover

The All Clear tint remover is also part of the MISSHA X LINE FRIENDS collaboration . I think it's best applied on a cotton ball or something like that, and then applying water to take off the excess and the rest of it . It is roughly around $7 USD and is pretty widely available online .

First off, I've just got to say...it tastes so bad . Like so bad . The reason why I advise using water after you do the first wipe off is because I really don't think you can stand the taste while taking off the colour of your lip tint . I used this along with the poptastic jelly tint line which in general, has a really long lasting lip stain; so I do think this is an excellent product for taking off lip tint, and as well as that it's quite cheap as well !

Poptastic Jelly Tint Overall Review

So I've got to say each tint has a slightly different formula . In general the lip tints stain quite well apart from Salsa Red or Maple Latte (and I mean, if you eat the colour will definitely say bye bye to you lol) . I've noticed that the lip tints with the bright and vibrant undertones will definitely stay, in other words Shocking Orange, Hot Coral and Swing Pink-with the exception of Club Red which lip stain will definitely stay for a long while despite it's not vibrant undertone stain .

Another con is the fact that the name of each lip tint is in Korean only on the product packaging . So if you buy this, distinguishing the product names between each other will be difficult unless you know what it looks like in Korean . XD" If you buy only one of these lip tints then that wouldn't be a problem for you, but it'd be nice if this product at least gave numbers to colours of this product . ^^"

What I like about these tints is the fact that you can lick your lips and the colour will still remain ! Also another thing I like to do to test the long lasting-ness of a tint is to kiss my hand after it's fully dried on my lips to see if there's any transfer . And just as a good lip tint should, there's no sign of colour my skin from the lip tint which makes me very confident in the product ! This product isn't exactly moisturising but it doesn't make my lips feel dry either which is a huge plus for me . Also a huge issue that lip tints have is the fact that the stain kind of stains in patches on the lips (and a LOT of them have a tendency to do that) . With this product, such stains aren't so painstakingly obvious which is a HUUUUGE plus for me, and is probably why I bought the rest of this line in a heart beat ! 

The cost of each of these lip tints are roughly $10 USD and it's also pretty easily available online (you can find it on online outlets like eBay and amazon very easily) . In fact I bought the whole series all at once for $50 USD which means, woo ! discount ! ahaha . This series might seem limited in colours, but even though some of them don't run up my alley I'm satisfied with all of the colours, and I feel as though I have a suitable colour for every occasion now haha .



Yes, I only have nothing but love for this line ! Have you guys tried anything else from this collaboration ? I'd love to hear about it ! ^^



Signing Out,


-THE TEACOAST .

0 comments: