2017

My brother tends to show me pictures of places he eats at if the food looks absolutely scrumptious . Lots of the time (and when I mean lots of the time, I mean all of the time) it makes me incredulously jealous of the finely decadent food available to him, but then I remembered him showing me a picture of this place and I thought: No questions asked, I must go here when I get my ass back in Sydney .

And so I did, and it was *awesome* .
Loaded Fries

Milky Lane (Bondi)

When I saw the food and looked at the menu, the laid-back quirkiness of the area made me feel like it embodied the very definition of Australian cuisine . In all honesty I don't really think that 'traditional' Australian food exists, but if it did, I think it would be in the form of the food served here . I was actually pretty surprised when I found out that the franchise originated from San Francisco haha .

The menu is a fair mix of decadently messy burgers, fries and thick shakes . Though I say messy, don't let that word fool you . It makes the meals look voluminous and utterly irresistible .

Wouldn't you agree ?
 The food joint is a fascinating mix of many things, from the open beach-like interior, to the disco music playing, to the rap god menu names for the food (I ordered a 'Tu Pork Shakur') . Overall it's an interesting experience from your average restaurant, and if we hadn't planned on eating at a dessert place afterwards I definitely would've wanted to try their dessert .

Oh but a word for the wise, if you want your salted caramel thick shake to be an actual salted caramel taste, mix it around a bit before you actually drink it . You can thank me later .


The place is now open 7 days a week (whereas it used to be 3), but is only open past 11am . That's alright though since from Bondi Junction Station you'd need to catch a bus to Bondi Beach in order to reach the restaurant . It also leaves plenty of time to stroll through the sunny, mellow atmosphere that is the Beach front of Sydney .

What's your preference ? A Limp Brisket or a Snicki Minaj ?



Signing Out,


-THE TEACOAST .

0 comments: